|Dimensions||60 × 141 × 87 cm|
The etruscan work universally celebrated and rich of history was made around 480 BC. It represents the mythological effigy of the she-wolf suckling Romulus and Remus, symbol of Rome. The statuettes of the two children were probably executed by Antonio del Pollaiuolo around 1470. Coming from the Laterano in Campidoglio for the donation of Pope Sixtus IV in 1471, it is now preserved in the Capitoline Museums.
This is a cast replica from the original.