Back

Laocoon Arm so called Pollak

Code S136

By scholars he is currently considered the original right arm of the Laocoön Group. Accidentally found in 1906 by the archaeologist Pollak, by whom it takes the name. In 1957 it was definitively mounted on the sculptural group during its complete restoration. The position of the arm is the one already studied by Michelangelo although several doubts remain regarding the anatomical dimensions and the less than dynamic gesture.

Additional information

Dimensions 16 × 35 × 41 cm
Material

Plaster